Position Title: Machinist
QR Code Link to This Post
Wage: $20.00 per hour
QPS Employment Group has a great opportunity available for a Machinist at a company in Burlington, IA. This is a temp to hire position. This company is a full service manufacturing & painting facility serving Agriculture, Construction Equipment, Food, Recreation, Communication, Home Improvement, and the Federal Government.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Install (set up) all tooling and/or programs for the machining center equipment (Toyoda Machining Center, Johnsford 5 Axis Lathe and other equipment).
- Start equipment and verifies it is producing product properly and runs production.
- Perform inspection, housekeeping, cleaning of equipment, daily paperwork and testing of product.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand for 10-12 hours.
- Pass FCM Forklift/Crane Certification.
- Ability to use hand-measuring devices. (Tape measure, calipers, micrometers).
- Ability to use hand tools, basic understanding of hydraulics.
- Experience with CNC set-up and programming, tool & die knowledge and machining.
- Ability to work around paint and chemicals.
- ISO Awareness Training.
- Understand Quality Objectives.
- Comply with Safety Regulations and maintain clean and orderly work area.
QPS Employment Group is a full-service staffing firm comprised of dedicated and passionate people with nearly 50 offices throughout the Midwest. We place great people with great companies in industrial, skilled trades, administrative, manufacturing, general labor and professional employment.
Why Work with QPS?
-Your choice of temporary, temp-to-hire, or direct-hire job opportunities
-Access to sought-after positions with leading employers
-Dedicated placement specialists who will guide you through every step of the job search process
-Over 30 years of staffing experience
Best of all, our services are 100% free to job seekers!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.